At Wyllie Spears our sports lawyers help sports organizations navigate through complex Sports Law matters.
Our team of sport lawyers provides strategic legal advice to National Sports Organizations (NSO). We have extensive experience in guiding and representing NSOs through both internal appeal processes and before the Sport Dispute Resolution Centre of Canada (SDRCC) and with any related litigation.
Our sports lawyers have wide-ranging backgrounds involving competitive sports and are sensitive to the unique needs, values, and challenges of both sports organizations and high-performance athletes. The Wyllie Spears team has a thorough understanding of issues relating to sporting governance and can provide practical counsel and representation in a variety of Sports Law areas:
- Sports dispute resolution
- National and international team selections
- Carding cases
- Disciplinary actions
- Harassment, violence, and discrimination issues in sport
- Drafting and implementing policies and internal regulations to ensure procedural fairness
- Organizational governance and regulation
Our lawyers can also help your sports organization navigate any employment law issues that may arise.